Saturday, October 8, 2011

City of Glass


City of Glass
by Cassandra Clare
(Third book in the Mortal Instruments series)



The third book was good. I won’t say it was “amazing” or anything that hovers above average. Now, I was very excited to jump into this book. I literally started it the same night I finished the second book. That excitement lasted for a short time. Personally, it just started to feel like the author was dragging the story on and on. It almost got to the point where I was skimming through paragraphs because I could follow the plot without actually reading.
However, the elaborated storyline was worth it – at least.  This was the book where the climax of the entire story is reached. There is a battle with surprising deaths, hookups, awakenings, and changes. The last quarter of the book made it worth it. Finally – a resolution.
I say, if you’ve gotten this far in the series, there’s no way you’re just going to *stop* reading now – right?
One more book to go.
I have NO idea what it is going to be about. This third book seemed to answer most of my questions.
**In fairness to the other books awaiting my grasp ever so patiently, I am going to put the fourth book on hold for now. Not that I lack the curiosity and intrigue to see where the Mortal Instruments world takes me – I can’t wait to see where Cassandra Clare takes this seemingly “finished” story.  It won’t be long… and I will be back in Alicante to figure out what Clary’s future holds…


Favorite Quotes:

"It's like having just a little bit of a drug - it only makes you want more."

"Oh yes, I know the way to heaven was easy.
We found the little kingdom of our passion
That can all share who walk the road of lovers.
In wild and secret happiness we stumbled;
And gods and demons clamoured in our senses.
-Siegfried Sassoon, "The Imperfect Lover""

"I loved you, so I drew these tides of men into my hands
and unwrote my will across the sky in stars.
-T.E. Lawrence"

"I can't untie myself from you... -not my heart or my blood or my mind or any other part of me. And I don't want to."

"... and I knew I wanted to live, wanted it more than I'd ever wanted anything, if only so that I could see your face one more time."

No comments: