Friday, October 28, 2011

Sugar Scrub


I am kind of on the fence with this product. While the smell isn’t a “love” or “hate” for me (ginger and fennel), it did work well.
As you know I began tanning for vacation… Needless to say my spoiled skin isn’t used to another element drying it out, so I began peeling. Not because I was burnt, but because my skin was just so dry!
I decided it was time to bust out the exfoliants J
I instantly reached for the Lush Sugar Scrub – I’ve been dying for an excuse to try it!
I’ve heard of several different ways to use this scrub, but because of my intense desire to rid myself of the peeling, flaky (sick, I know) skin – I took the whole thing in the shower with me, and made a point NOT to get the actual scrub wet.
I wet my body and used it like a loofah. I simply scrubbed my body (extra in the peely spotsJ) with it, outside of the waters reach, and when I was done I set it outside the shower and finished my business.
It didn’t ruin the scrub and actually, I didn’t think it crumbled easily either. I didn’t realize it would last so long, or I would have used it sooner!
I will warn those that are sensitive to abrasive products – this scrub is no joke. It was very abrasive– which I liked it, because I knew it was doing its job (I also have Lush’s Rub Rub Rub – which is a much more gentle scrub option).
Overall, I think this is a great option for an exfoliant. It definitely does it's job, which is nice... Most exfoliants I purchase I don't actually see results. For around $6, It’s worth it for those who need a harsh exfoliant… but for the average consumer – the price may not be worth the need for it.

No comments: