Saturday, August 20, 2011

City of Bones


City of Bones
By Cassandra Clare


This book was the first in the mortal instruments series…
I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to do a collective review on these, or post each review separately. I figured I would do short reviews on each J
This book picked up quick and it was go-go-go the entire way through. You know how some books you can guess which way the plot will turn?
Not this book.
So unexpected, it truly kept me on my toes.
Clary or Clarissa Fray was a normal girl growing up with her loving mother Jocelyn, and her dorky best friend Simon… until she gets into an argument with her mother. That’s the night her entire world changes.
I won’t spoil it, but let’s just say that this book is FULL of underworld goodies: Shadowhunters, werewolves, demons, faeries, vampires, forsaken, warlocks, witches…. Basically if you can think of it, the author has somehow weaved it into this series world.
The end of this book takes a HUGE, completely unexpected, and almost awkward turn. Definitely leaves you wondering….
Thank god there’s more!

(City of Ashes is next in the series)

Favorite Quote:
"... you see the world in ways that other people don't. It's your gift, to see the beauty and the horror in ordinary things."

No comments: