Monday, October 24, 2011

Powershot

I had a great weekend. My favorite cousin came to visit me, and we had drinks, dinner, and caught up in buzzing detail about what's been going on in each other's lives.

BUT - the most exciting news - I finally got a new point and shoot.

Chico broke my old one, secretly I think I was happy about it becuase it meant I could get a new one :-P

I wanted the Nikon Coolpix s9100 but after getting it home and taking a few pictures with it - I was NOT impressed.

I took it back, decided to go with the Canon Powershot sx230 HS, and probably spent too much money on her - but boy, is she bad....



pictures from the bestbuy.com

She's not the prettiest in the bunch, but this camera can do SO much.
I'm taking her on vacation with me, so I will have plenty of pictures to share when I return!

I'm undecided about whether or not I should take my DSLR too, since this new compact camera has some minor manual setting options....

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Hi! Question: So I'm looking into a camera, and want to get a 35mm SLR. That's what I'll need for a class for photography i want to take when i get to my high school, so i figure to go ahead and get it now because i don't have a camera. Thing is, I have no clue what to get? Any suggestions that wont kill me because of it's price? Also, they don't specify digital versus film...just say SLR, so which do i get? the class mentions learning to develop black/white pics so I assume film?
p.s. i love your blog.

taylor said...

Hi Abbie! That's so much fun! I took a photography class my first few years in college and it was a blast - I would assume it to be a film class also, but that's definitely something to make sure of before you buy :) As far as what to get, I would have to know a little more about what it is you're looking to get out of it... is it just for class or...? You could email me at misstaylornow@gmail.com if you'd like to discuss!?! hope to hear from you girly! THANK YOU so much for reading!