I just grabbed a white v-neck tee (it was too big for me anyways), a tube of 'Simply Screen' Ink in 'tin foil' (which was gorgeous, it sparkled!), a paintbrush, pencil, and a sponge tip applicator.
I started by laying the shirt on cardboard so nothing could leak through and end up in places I didn't want! I had a Tigers Baseball cap with the 'D' on it, so I could use it as a reference. . . I didn't feel like going through the hassle of making a screen so I just decided to freehand it and hope for the best :)
Once the D was lightly drawn on with a pencil, I was able to follow the general outline using the wooden handle sponge applicator and paintbrush to create the 'D' and let it dry overnight.
Now, it was supposed to be 90 degrees out and clear sunny skies... so I knew I wanted to cut this shirt somehow and add some swag , not to mention it would help keep me cool so i wouldn't be sweating my ass off in the hot sun. I started by cutting a few slits near the one shoulder. I chose to stick to doing one shoulder because I liked the asymetry. Since the shirt was way too big, I cut the sleeves off and tied the bottom loosely to the side. I also cut the back about a third of the way with slits as well. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the back of the shirt, to be honest I didn't get very many pictures at all that day as I only took my small digital camera and it was serrrrrriously so hot I could hardly concentrate on anything - let alone taking pictures!
I painted my nails blue, wore khaki shorts and comfortable shoes. It was a great day, even though the tigers lost :( We managed to avoid traffic and score a decent parking spot! To end the day it was dinner and swimming. The perfect ending to a beautiful day!