Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Babbling Blog

Update. Update. Update.

Tomorrow is my last day as an intern at the Library. I can definitely say I will miss it. I will also miss the perk of not having any late fees. Time to begin being more diligent about due dates, I suppose.
I am excited because for a few weeks I will have a little less stress on my shoulders and I will hopefully be able to get a few things done I have been putting off (*closet* *coughs*), and start some projects… although I have a feeling it won’t last long because my hours are just going to get bumped up at my other job.
I will appreciate the time while I can though.
So, yesterday I found this sweet website.
The Alex awards are awarded to 10 books a year. They are books that are written for adults, but young adults would like too.
Okay, I am not a young adult… but I like vampire books, and  WAIT.... yes, I am a young adult. LOL (my birthday is next week and by golly I am staying a young adult for as long as I can) ... anyways, while browsing the site I had read a bunch of the books mentioned so I figured it would be a great place to start getting referrals!
Needless to say, I put like… 20 books on hold at the library. LOL
I figured it would take a few days to get them pulled, and I assumed a handful would already be checked out. Basically I thought I would get a few at a time and it would be perfect timing for me to go on a reading frenzy and fly through some literature.
I walk in to work today and –NO JOKE- there was en ENTIRE SHELF, of books all for ME!
I couldn’t even check them all out today because I couldn’t carry them. Lol. Sad but true.
I couldn’t believe it. I felt kind of bad actually. Plus, tomorrow is my last day so I really need to get reading.
I did however; receive the last book out in the vampire kisses series. Review coming soon! (Leave me alone. It’s a short book).
So yeah, check out the website. I favorited it already J

random picture of da geeko man looking handsome :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well its good to finally have some balance in life. I found out that working three jobs and having no time off tends to wear you down. Your doing a great job and Im very proud of you for graduating college..soon. There are two mantras I'd like to share with you.
#1. Life Happens #2. The More You Know.

Be a life learner and know that uncontrollable things will happen to you. Roll with the punchs and keep on chugging along!