Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake


The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee Bender


Ok people, I never said all these book reviews would be good ones… it just so happens that all of the books I have been reading, I have enjoyed… until now. This isn’t my favorite book, by far.
It wasn’t bad though.
Sorta one of those…  ‘It’s something to do and beats doing nothing’ kind of books.
Cool title tho, right? Makes you wonder what the hell this book is about.

It is about this girl (it starts when she is 9 and follows her into adulthood) who can taste peoples feelings through food. Whatever she eats, she can taste the cooks mood and feelings. She can taste where the ingredients came from too for example, she can taste the difference between Florida oranges and Californian oranges…

So you can imagine what issues this girl has. Lol. Actually to be honest, she isn’t too bad off. If you don’t count the offbeat, cheating mother, the disappearing, weird brother and the standoff-ish, workaholic dad. It’s kind of a weird book. Not great. Not terrible.
Just kind of… ehhh…
A recommendation for a rainy day, when you are all out of options and have nothing to read.
So like I said, I obviously don’t love every book I come across but this was the first one in a while I wasn’t too thrilled about.
I plan on reviewing all the books I read. Love em’, like em’, or hate em’ J

2 comments:

Ian Ranshaw said...

Not sure how you can finish a book that you dont like. I for one...will quit reading by the second chapter if the book doesnt hold my interest. So kuddos to you for giving the books a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

buy ativan buy ativan online with mastercard - ativan high how many