Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Going Bovine

Going BovineLibba Bray


This story follows Cameron, a twin who’s got a sarcastic and hilarious view on life. Sort of an outcast in high school, it is discovered he is sick and there is no cure. With the help from a few random “friends” and a punk rock angel, he embarks on a mission to find the cure to his illness and save the world. . . typical, right? Lol.
Not so much.
This was probably the most random, off the wall book I have read to date.
It was very funny and had me LOL’ing in too many places to count! There is a dark humor that hovers with Cameron I thoroughly enjoyed. I could never guess what was coming next, which kept me yearning for each page turn.
Somewhere in the middle of this book, I didn’t know what was real, a dream, a hallucination or the afterlife. The author did a beautiful job of keeping the reader guessing.
I would definitely suggest this book to a friend.
Funny, Mysterious, Intriguing.

No comments: