Thursday, January 20, 2011

Um.... Ophiuchus?

Um......

That's pretty much all my brain had going on when I heard about this topic.
 
For those of you who haven't heard. . . There is now a 13th zodiac sign! lmao. It is called Ophiucus, and runs somewhere from Nov. 29 to Dec. 17th. Yes, that means YOU may not be the sign you thought you were. Or does it?

I have always been a Pisces. Hands down, that is what I AM. I mean, I am not one of those "live by the sign" type people because I use it mainly for fun but there are distinct similarities between my sign and I, not to mention people I know and their signs. With the new "dates" the cut off date for Aquarius is March 11th, my birthday. DUN. DUN. DUNNN.

So what about the people with tattoos? The people who "swear" by this stuff?

Here are the new dates including the 13th zodiac.... what are you?

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18 - May 13
Taurus: May 13 - June 21
Gemini: June 21 - July 20
Cancer: July 20 - Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 - Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 - Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 - Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 - Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 - Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 - Jan. 20


How are they just going to add a new sign?

Something to do with the axis of the earth, how it has changed and that somehow shifted the signs.

Basically, slowly the earth moves and changes our beloved astrology signs :(

If you are like me, and really don't want to believe this (Just like Facebook is shutting down in March 2011, right? lol) I looked into it a bit further, come to find out there is more than meets the eye. . .

I guess there are 2 different types of astrology, Eastern and Western. Wesern astrology, or the tropical zodiac is based off of the seasons whereas Eastern astrology or the sidereal zodiac is based of constellations.

Only Eastern astrology has added this 13th zodiac.

From what I gather, Western astrology is what most of us use. . .So does this new addition affect your sign?

I guess that's up to you.

No comments: