Wednesday, December 21, 2011

where I stood.

Sometimes love isn’t black and white.






I've had my fair share of relationships. Some were beautiful, and others were short lived and ultimately meaningless.

I've learned something from every single one of them, though... and I suppose that is the best thing one can hope to walk away with when it comes to a "past relationship".

Now, there is nothing I hate more than a liar. If you get cheated on, sure it hurts and makes you sick to the very pit of your insides – but if they are honest about it, I can respect that. However, when someone lies to your face? It’s simply insulting.

The nice thing is, liars always get caught.

My hatred for the cowards that refuse to speak the truth may come from my past… having been lied to several times. With that, I am, by no means, a “sucker”, nor was I blinded by love. Each time, in the back of my mind – I think I knew what was going on. Instinct tells you what feels right, and what doesn’t. It's an instinct we all possess – It’s just a matter of whether we decide to listen or not. Sometimes our heart is filled with a desire to block the truth out, while other times, it’s simply easier not to deal with the issue that’s staring you in the face.
But ignoring the issue simply isn’t worth it.
When you’re able to step outside the web of deceit, and look at situations with an open, unbiased, clear mind… the decisions and actions may not be easy, but they are inevitably necessary, and when the hazy delusions of love escape your soul – it is such a liberating feeling.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.- 1 Corinthians 13

Don’t get me wrong… everyone I have dated hasn’t “screwed me over”, and I am not bitter in any way towards any of my ex’s. I continue friendships, and keep in contact with them all.
Some of my relationships just simply weren't "right". And there is nothing wrong with realizing and accepting that, then moving on.

At this point in my life, I am content with being alone and I have never been so happy in my life.
I am free to choose.
I am free to love myself.
While there may not be such thing as a “perfect love” on this earth, I know what feels right, and what doesn’t…. and I choose to keep my heart open until I find it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like youve taken the words out of me...you are right in every way. If you lie the worse part is when you get caught and keep lieing...i seriously think certain people start believing their own lies after theyve told them for so long. Its pointless.you cant force someone to tell the truth you can only sit and wait for them to realize what they have to be honest for. One youve ran from your problems for so long and you turn around u realize there is no one chasing after you anymore ..reality will set in..Thank You