Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Osprey Farpoint 55


I had to get a backpack for my most recent travel adventure. 

After researching and looking at every backpack that's on the market - I couldn't be happier with the one I chose. 


This backpack was the perfect size for my 10 day trip, and I even had some extra room.

I was looking for a pack that was panel loading, not larger than 60L, was comfortable to wear for any hiking or extended wait times that might be encountered, and also it would be an added benefit if I could find something that would work as a carry on (I despise checking luggage).

I managed to find all of those things in this backpack - and for a reasonable price!

The best part of this pack though - is the detachable day pack. 

-It came in handy on SO many occasions-
- On the plane as a carry on for those items I wanted with me
- On the bus rides when we had to stow our larger pack
- Quick trips around the town when we needed to take items, but didn't need - or want - to lug a full pack around
- etc.

I was also impressed with the comfort of this bag. I'm not quite sure how much mine weighed when it was fully packed up - but I enjoyed the day pack could attach to the front of my body to evenly distribute the weight and make the pack even more comfortable to trek around with. 

The only thing I did buy was a few extra clips since the front of the day pack doesn't have any. The clips were $5 and worked perfectly - so it wasn't an issue.



I am so glad I decided to go with the Osprey Farpoint 55 




Our packs ready to leave for vacation!!
(Babes has a M/L (Olive)... mine is slightly smaller - S/M option (Charcoal)
 

No comments: